Monday 1 July 2013

Camp league - Game 1

The first thing we do every day is playing a league game. The league consists of 32 players from 25 Kyu to 7 Dan. At the end of the camp the winner of the league will be allowed to playing a teaching game with a 9 Dan professional. To keep it interesting all games are played with normal handicap.
My first opponent was a 1-Dan from USA. He was promoted by one rank like myself. Therefore I got black and we played without komi. See the game below!
According to Maeda-sensei the game was more or less ok for both until move 52. There we both played wrong. However the large mistake of my opponent was try to run away with his group after the KO with move 80 and so on. At the end I was sufficiently ahead despite many additional mistakes on both sides. PS: One serious game per day is quite optimal for me. I'm always much less motivated to do deep thinking for the 2nd or even 3rd tournament game in a row.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! I think it was a mistake to ignore your ko threat. Definitely a great way to start your trip!

    ReplyDelete